- What is a synonym for migrate?
- How do you use the word flurry in a sentence?
- What does flurry mean?
- What is another word for whirlwind?
- What is the mildest form of autism?
- What does Diaspora mean?
- What are 4 types of migration?
- What is the opposite of flurry?
- What’s another name for autistic?
- What are the 4 types of autism?
- Is ADHD a form of autism?
- Which word has the opposite meaning of the word migrate?
What is a synonym for migrate?
verbmove to new country.
How do you use the word flurry in a sentence?
Flurry sentence examplesThe week started with a flurry of activity. … His warm breath on her neck sent her heart in a flurry of wild beats. … He paused for a brief flurry of clapping. … He came down the steps amid a flurry of activity. … Truth be known, he felt a small measure of relief, at least until he opened the mail to a flurry of bills.More items…
What does flurry mean?
sudden commotion, excitement, or confusion; nervous hurry: There was a flurry of activity before the guests arrived. Stock Exchange. a brief rise or fall in prices. a brief, unusually heavy period of trading.
What is another word for whirlwind?
In this page you can discover 18 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for whirlwind, like: cyclone, tornado, twister, hurricane, slow, windstorm, gale, tempest, bustle, maelstrom and quick.
What is the mildest form of autism?
High functioning autism describes “mild” autism, or “level 1” on the spectrum. Asperger’s syndrome is often described as high functioning autism. Symptoms are present, but the need for support is minimal.
What does Diaspora mean?
A diaspora (/daɪˈæspərə/) is a scattered population whose origin lies in a separate geographic locale. Historically, the word diaspora was used to refer to the involuntary mass dispersion of a population from its indigenous territories, in particular the dispersion of Jews.
What are 4 types of migration?
1. Build background about human migration and types of migration.internal migration: moving within a state, country, or continent.external migration: moving to a different state, country, or continent.emigration: leaving one country to move to another.immigration: moving into a new country.More items…
What is the opposite of flurry?
flurry(v) Antonyms: soothe, compose, quiet, calm, mesmerize. Synonyms: agitate, excite, worry, ruffle, fluster.
What’s another name for autistic?
In it, she coined the term “Asperger syndrome.” 1994: Asperger syndrome listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-4). 2013: Asperger syndrome and other previously separate types of autism folded into one umbrella diagnosis of “autism spectrum disorder” in DSM-5.
What are the 4 types of autism?
* In 2013, the American Psychiatric Association merged four distinct autism diagnoses into one umbrella diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder (ASD). They included autistic disorder, childhood disintegrative disorder, pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) and Asperger syndrome.
Is ADHD a form of autism?
Autism spectrum disorder and ADHD are related in several ways. ADHD is not on the autism spectrum, but they have some of the same symptoms. And having one of these conditions increases the chances of having the other. Experts have changed the way they think about how autism and ADHD are related.
Which word has the opposite meaning of the word migrate?
Opposite of move, travel to another place. remain. stay. wait. await.